Landing Page Optimization in 2020
Landing Page Optimization
Digital Marketing is gaining much acceptance in this era due to its vast uses and prominent results. One of the major elements that have given digital marketing this position is “Landing Page Optimization”.
Before understanding the landing page optimization best practices, you need to know what is Landing Page first.
A Landing page is a page that appears on your screen in response to clicking a link in an email or ads from Google, Bing, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or similar places on the web.
Landing Page is also termed as “leading capture page”, “destination page” or “static page”.
Through the Landing page, you provide resources of your business in exchange for visitor’s contact details like name, email address, and job title.
What is the Difference between Home Page and Landing Page?
The initial page that appears by default when you open a website is called a homepage. It serves as an index To the web site. Hence its main function is to provide information about the web site. However, a Landing page is action-oriented. One of the main landing page service is to convert viewers into leads by grabbing visitor’s attention on what you’re promoting, with a single call to action (CTA) that gets people to sign up for more information or directly purchase your product.
As shown in the image, a Home page has several links to go on that are related to information or services provided by the website, while Landing page consists of a single link i.e Call to action (CTA).
What is Landing Page Optimization?
Landing page optimization is a process used to sharpen up the performance of various page elements so as to increase the conversions from visitors who arrived on the targeted pages. Steps to optimize Landing Page:
- Define KPI such as Time on page (TOP), Conversion Rate, Total Sales, The Revenue Generated.
- Extract maximum information from the user, including first name, last name and email address.
- Focus on colour scheme and template design while designing your landing page.
- Content is another important element that should be taken care of, headline, sub-headline, description and Reviews should be drafted properly.
- Use A/B testing method. It is a method of comparing two versions of a web page or app to identify which performs better.
- Lastly, Call to action should be impressive.
How to Build a lead generation Landing Page?
It just takes 6 easy steps in building a landing page.
- Select your landing page template and give your page a name.
- Create unique content including striking images.
- Choose relevant domain name.
- Make sure all your links and CTAs are working.
- Complete your meta description and SEO title.
Ways to track Landing Page Performance
Success of Landing page can be measured by using Google Analytics. Following are the metrics that can be considered for measuring the performance of landing page:
- Page Visits: It gives the number of people visited on page. Higher the visitors, higher are the probability of conversions.
- Traffic Source: This gives an insight about the source through which visitors found your site. It helps in deciding where to focus your energy and resources.
- Bounce Rate: Bounce is a visitor who leaves the page immediately as soon as he arrives at the landing page. This indicates various attributes of landing page such as Lack of information or misinformation, Difficulty navigating page, Poor design.
- Conversion Rate: This is the rate at which an action is taken, such as a form fill, a download, a purchase or a newsletter subscription.
- Time on page: It gives details of the amount of time spent by visitors on page. If the visitors are not spending enough time on your page, that means visitors are not getting what they are looking for. Basically there is no individual tool that you can use to make improvement on your web page, rather use a blend of all the tools to identify the problem and take effective steps accordingly.
Need help? Call our award-winning support team at +31 (0)636079961 | +91 7974442814
AskGalore Digital is a Solution Centric, Creative and Client-friendly Information Technology & Digital Marketing company. We work towards the satisfaction of our clients while delivering the highest quality standards.
GET IN TOUCH
Landfort 64. Lelystad 8219AL, Netherlands.
Agomic Labs, 9901 Valley Ranch Pkw E Ste 1030 Irving TX 75063 , USA.
Maple High Street, 3rd Floor, Office No. 4A, Opp. Aashima Mall, Hoshangabad Road, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh 462026 INDIA.